Member Log In
Posted by: Rajan Neupane | Date: April 23, 2012
Everest base camp trek is one of the most famous and long trekking trips of the Khumbu region in Nepal. Trekking up to the base camp of Mt. Everest (8,848m.), the highest mountain in the world is the dream of many adventure seeking travelers across the world. Every year thousands of people trek to Everest base camp to full fill their dream. Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay were the first to reach the summit of this glorious mountain Mt. Everest in 1953. Since, from then the trend has kept on its own pace with hundred of adventure lovers attempting for this glorious job every year.
This trekking is not done just for the sake of fun and adventure. Some even trek across the beautiful land to experience and explore unique culture and lifestyle of these Himalaya dwellers, which seems to get stuck somewhere in the history. You can experience the real hardship of life and ancient trading style when you visit this topographically hostile but incredibly beautiful land of delightful people.
Everest base camp trek normally starting from Lukla as you fly to Lukla airstrip from Kathmandu. This trekking trip is exhilarating from the very beginning and takes you all the way through the awe inspiring environ of the mysterious Khumbu region. From Lukla trekking trail heads up cutting the valley, climbing the narrow ridges by the side of DudhKoshi River, hills and dales, across the forests of rhododendron and hedgers filled with colorful wild flowers and many more. The trekking trail passes through the beautiful villages with farmers working in their field and their cattle grazing in the meadows to reach the Gateway of Khumbu at Namche bazaar.
As you head forward you will pass through the terminal moraine glaciers, picturesque water driven prayer wheels up to the famous monastery at Tengboche (3,870m.). Tengboche is a famous monastery of the region and offers shimmering Himalayan view of Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Everest in its backdrop. The trek takes you to the highest access point at Kalapathar which is at 5,545 meter above the sea level. This highest access point offers the 360 degree panoramic views of world's highest peaks like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam and other mountain massif in the Khumbu Himalayan range.
Evaluating all above aspects we can conclude that Everest base camp trek is an adventurous and exciting trekking in Nepal. This trek gives you the essence of heaven taking you deep into the heart of Khumbu region. At the end, what you take back home is strong heart and mind full of memento for lifetime.
- Kathmandu Lukla Flights: Scenic Mountain flight | March 15, 2012
- Everest View Trek and Sherpa Village Tour | December 21, 2011
- Trekking in Nepal: Adventure that provides lifetime memory | August 18, 2011
- Everest Measurement: Will Nepal success in challenging task | July 25, 2011
- The Glory Of The Himalayas | March 30, 2011
- Hidden valleys of Beyul Kyimolong | January 24, 2011
- The transformation of tourism | January 22, 2011
- NTY: Old Wine In New Bottle? | January 22, 2011
- Sea of tranquillity | June 28, 2010
- One empty bag in the Himalayas | April 06, 2010
- Melting Himalayan glaciers threaten lives in Asia | December 07, 2009
- Scientists urge public not to miss Lulin Comet sighting | February 24, 2009
- Annapurna: Nepal's Commercialization Initiative For An Endangered Landscape | December 07, 2008
- Hopes of Nepalese tourism hinge on new leadership | August 31, 2008
- Beautiful Pas Gaun | August 20, 2008
- Greenest Time in Nepal | July 31, 2008