Member Log In
Nepal Tourism News
Posted by: NTN Admin | Date: November 10, 2009
Nepal will be participating in World Expo 2010, the largest of its kind ever held, from May 1 to 31 October 2010 in Shanghai, China with the theme "Tales of Kathmandu City."
"We will be participating very effectively in World Expo 2010 as this will also be the biggest platform for us to exhibit the country's potentialities," said Amrit Shakya, chairman of the Implementing Experts Group (IEG), the Nepalis official organiser appointed by the government for the expo.
Addressing a press meet in the capital on Monday, Shakya said that preparations for the expo were being carried out aggressively. The IEG is building a special Nepal Pavilion for the expo spread over 4,000 sq m reflecting the country's traditional architectural beauty.
"In the middle of the pavilion there will be a replica of the Bouddha stupa surrounded by traditional Nepali houses," said Shakya.
He said that the construction of the pavilion would be completed
by March 15, 2010 at a cost of more than Rs. 300 million. The organiser will put on display the lustre of the Kathmandu Valley as an architectural, artistic and cultural centre as the main theme of the expo is "Better Cities, Better Life".
"We hope the pavilion and participation of Nepal in the expo will strengthen the cordial relationship between the two neighbouring countries," said Huang Jianzhi, deputy director general of the Bureau of Shanghai World Expo Coordination at the conference.
The expo has so far received confirmation of participation from 242 countries and 70 million visitors are expected to attend World Expo 2010.
Binayak Shah, project coordinator of the IEG said that the Nepali representatives from sectors such as hydropower, tourism and culture among others would also be participating in the expo. "We will also conduct special programmes to attract foreign investment," he said.
The IEG had represented Nepal at World Expo 2000 held in Hanover, Germany. "This time, we are building the Nepal Pavilion on an area three times larger than in Hanover.
- 80 years Old Japanese starts climbing Mount Everest | May 17, 2013
- 16 Sajha buses arrive | February 21, 2013
- Kathmandu to witness OX fighting for first time | December 01, 2012
- 31st World Elephant Polo competition begins | December 01, 2012
- 19 die in Sita Air Crash; 4 Nepalis, 7 Brits and 5 Chinese among dead | September 28, 2012
- Nepal second peaceful nation in South Asia | June 15, 2012
- Film festival on environmental, sustainable development to be organized in Nepal | June 14, 2012
- Tourists' length of stay in Nepal reaches 13 days | June 03, 2012
- Three climbers including a German die on Everest | May 21, 2012
- Agni Air carrying 21 crashes nearby Jomsom Airport | May 14, 2012
- 73 Years Old Japanese Woman Attempting Everest Summit | April 17, 2012
- Nepal's Pashupatinath temple to pay Hindu priests fixed salary | April 12, 2012
- PHBEC to operate tourist bus in Pokhara-Chitwan route | April 09, 2012
- Tico Mountaineer to Broadcast Live from Mount Everest | March 20, 2012
- Eton boys aim high with mission to fly Olympic flag from Everest | March 20, 2012
- Missing US trekker's mom pleads for proper investigation | March 16, 2012
- FIFA chief wraps up two-day Nepal trip | March 11, 2012
- National Geographic Honor for Two Nepali Adventurers | March 03, 2012
- Ratnanagar Mahotsav from January 11, 2012 | January 03, 2012
- Longest Himalayan glacier melting away at rapid pace | December 27, 2011
Ecological Treks operates trekking and tours to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan in reasonable price
Book your flight ticket for Pokhara from Kathmandu or Kathmandu to Pokhara in lowest cheap fair/cost. Daily flight schedule and airlines info
Budget & Luxury trekking adventure in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan with NepalHimalayaTrek.com