Member Log In
Posted by: NTN Admin | Date: November 16, 2009
The Langtang valley is aptly called "the valley of glaciers". Here the mountain - view is spectacular. On either side of valley, mountains rise, soaring in to the sky. The valley offers pain forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primulas. In the upper part of valley there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lake with icebergs floating on them and water of crystalline brightness. There are also high mountains of solid ice. Gosainkunda, regarded as sacred land in Hinduism, is dotted with lakes atop the mountain, offering a quiet respite. There are few visitors outside of those who come for the summer festival.
Langtang trek is on the area of Tibetan culture and home of Yak and Gosainkund is a great sacred lake on an elevation of 4200m. It is great combination of mountain and culture different. The trek starts from Sybru Bensi and ends at sundarijal. From Sybru Bensi, you will follow the Langtang River to the east until you get to Kyanching Gompa (3,049). From here we trek to Tserkuri (5184m) and have an excellent view of mountain. Then we trek back to Lama Hotel and ascend to Gosankund. After spending night here we ascend to Lauribina - La Pass and come to Tarkeghyang and finally to Sundarijal Where we take bus to Kathmandu. Clients carry daypack only and walk at their own pace. Trekking hours will be 5-7 hours per day.
Itinerary Detail :
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu(1320m.) Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Day at leisure
Day 3: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1450m)
Day 4: Trek to Lama Hotel (2480m)
Day 5: Trek to Langtang (3541m)
Day 6: Trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3900m)
Day 7: Day trip to Tserkori (5184m)
Day 8: Trek to Lama Hotel (2480m)
Day 9: Trek to Big Sybru (2200m)
Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa (3584m)
Day 11: Trek to Gosain Kunda (4381m)
Day 12: Explore around higher lake (4381m)
Day 13: Trek to Ghopte (3440) via 4600m pass
Day 14: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m)
Day 15: Trek to Kutumsang (2000m)
Day 16: Trek to Chisopani (1700m)
Day 17: Trek to Sundarijal (1500m) and drive to KTM/Hotel
Day 18: Drive to Airport for return flight.
Note: For further Information, You can contact with local agents.
- Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek | February 13, 2010
- Ghandruk Trekking - 07 Days | January 28, 2010
- Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | January 28, 2010
- Jomsom - Muktinath Trek (Trek in/Fly out) | January 28, 2010
- Annapurna Circuit Trek | January 27, 2010
- Everest Kalapathar Trek | January 25, 2010
- Everest Gokyo Valley Trek | January 02, 2010
- Everest Base Camp Trek -12 Days | January 02, 2010
- Jiri-Everest Trek | January 02, 2010
- Nar and Phu Valley Trek | November 16, 2009
- Siklis Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Annapurna Panchase Trek | November 16, 2009
- Royal Trekking | November 16, 2009
- Helambu Sherpa Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Langtang Gosainkunda Trek | November 16, 2009