Member Log In
Posted by: NTN Admin | Date: November 16, 2009
This beautiful camping trek is a great introduction to the beauty of the Annapurna range and to the Buddhist Gurung culture. Siklis is one of the largest Gurung villages in Nepal and offers an opportunity to learn about this unique traditional culture. A model trekking village, Siklis is a central part of the Annapurna Conservation Area (ACA).
On this trek, you can explore the northern side of Pokhara, which offers amazing views of the entire Annapurna range. You will see Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Fish Tail and other giants from a uniquely scenic angle. This moderate trek starts and ends in Pokhara and goes no higher than 2000 meters, a great, short trek for anyone coming from lower elevations.
Detail Itinerary :
Day 01 - Arrival in kathmandu
Upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport transfer to your hotel.
Day 02 - Kathmandu to Pokhara
Travel from Kathmandu to Pokhara, on the shores of scenic Phewa Lake.
Day 03 - Pokhara to Thulakot
Drive to Bijaypur Khola (river) and then on to Thulakot, with the ruins of a hilltop fortress and views over Pokhara. Overnight in our camp.
Day 04 - Thulakot to Taprang (5 hours)
Trek through spectacular scenery to the village of Taprang with its steep terraced hillsides. Overnight in Taprang.
Day 05 - Taprang to Lamakhet (5 hours)
Trek to Lamakhet, a picturesque village along the Modi river. Overnight in Lamakhet.
Day 06 - Lamakhet to Siklis (4 hours)
Trek to Siklis, passing Parju Village along the way.
Day 07 - A rest day Explore Siklis and take the opportunity to observe the daily life of the Buddhist Gurung people.
Day 08 - Siklis to Thumke-Danda (5 hours)
Day 09 - Thumke-Danda to Pokhara
Trek for approximately 3 hours to Phedi Khola and then drive to Pokhara (4 hour drive).
Day 10 - Pokhara to Kathmandu
Fly back to Kathmandu. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 11 - Kathmandu
Departure from Kathmandu.
- Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek | February 13, 2010
- Ghandruk Trekking - 07 Days | January 28, 2010
- Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | January 28, 2010
- Jomsom - Muktinath Trek (Trek in/Fly out) | January 28, 2010
- Annapurna Circuit Trek | January 27, 2010
- Everest Kalapathar Trek | January 25, 2010
- Everest Gokyo Valley Trek | January 02, 2010
- Everest Base Camp Trek -12 Days | January 02, 2010
- Jiri-Everest Trek | January 02, 2010
- Nar and Phu Valley Trek | November 16, 2009
- Siklis Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Annapurna Panchase Trek | November 16, 2009
- Royal Trekking | November 16, 2009
- Helambu Sherpa Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Langtang Gosainkunda Trek | November 16, 2009