Member Log In
Posted by: NTN Admin | Date: January 28, 2010
A Ghandruk trek is one of the popular treks of Annapurna region. It provides a wonderful close up views of both the sacred mountain Machapuchere (Fishtail) and Annapurna South. Our destination is the beautiful and ornate village of Ghandruk. One can have first hand experience to visit Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP), observe the conservation works being carried out by the local people. The maximum altitude of the trek is 2600 m. The trek is specially arranged for the visitors/travelers who have limited time and can not go to higher altitude. The trek starts from Nayapool, near Pokhara valley. We would be fortunate enough to see rhododendron and orchid blooming in the forest. We get to Ghandruk after crossing the jungle. Ghandruk, a large & prosperous Gurung village, is beautifully set against the backdrop of Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m) and holy Mount Machapuchere (6993m).
Fact of the trip
Mid -hill cultural area, Gurung, Magars, Brahmin, and Kshetri are the inhabitants mainly, off the beaten path, with unforgettable short journey, a great photographic site showing whole Annapurna, Dhaulagiri ranges. Protect conserved wilderness.
Fly or drive to Pokhara, by land 7 hr. drive and by air 30 minute, morning transfer to trailhead and starts trek, after the trek again drive back to Pokhara from take out point.
Max. Altitude 2600 m. teahouse lodges. 5-6 hr. average walks per day, easy trail, and temperate climate jungle walk.
Aug. to May, Rhododendron blooms in the spring
Teahouse lodges managed by ACAP and eco-aware local people. Tented camping trip can also be organized, safe drinking water projects.
Ghandruk Trekking Detailed Itinerary:
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m.). You depart early for the 7 hours drive by tourist deluxe bus to Pokhara (915m.), 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu. This drive will take most of the morning, leaving much of the afternoon for a relaxing boat ride on Phewa Lake, shopping in the markets and shops or just relaxing with a drink on the shores of the lake. You stay overnight at hotel in Pokhara.
Day 02: Pokhara) to Nayapool and then to Ghandruk (1950m
Day 03: Ghandruk to Jhinudanda 1547m
Day 04: Jhinudanda to Tolkha (1700m)
Day 05: Tolkha to Dhampus (1876m)
Day 06: Dhampus to Phedi then to Pokhara
Day 07: Pokhara to Katmandu.
Note: If you are interested to do this trekking you can use our in built form for making inquiry to local agents here in Nepal or you can put queries to know the details of the trekking area by expert in the link below or you can get extra information from Nepal travel news team.
- Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek | February 13, 2010
- Ghandruk Trekking - 07 Days | January 28, 2010
- Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek | January 28, 2010
- Jomsom - Muktinath Trek (Trek in/Fly out) | January 28, 2010
- Annapurna Circuit Trek | January 27, 2010
- Everest Kalapathar Trek | January 25, 2010
- Everest Gokyo Valley Trek | January 02, 2010
- Everest Base Camp Trek -12 Days | January 02, 2010
- Jiri-Everest Trek | January 02, 2010
- Nar and Phu Valley Trek | November 16, 2009
- Siklis Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Annapurna Panchase Trek | November 16, 2009
- Royal Trekking | November 16, 2009
- Helambu Sherpa Village Trek | November 16, 2009
- Langtang Gosainkunda Trek | November 16, 2009