Member Log In
Posted by: | Date: March 16, 2012
KATHMANDU, NOV 21 -Surya Nepal on Tuesday conferred the Surya Nepal Asha Social Entrepreneurship Award 2011 on five social entrepreneurs. Of the 66 applicants, the five winners were selected by a jury.
Recipients of the award are Ram Sapkota from Mountain Delights Treks and Expeditions and Tukee Nepal Society; Sabita Maharjan from Kirtipur Hosiery Industries; Shyam Badan Yadav from Kalash Milk Industry; Viajaya Development Resource Centre; and Chhahari Services.
The award was presented by Surya Nepal MD Sanjeev Keshawa, industrialist Padma Jyoti and Luna Shrestha, founding director of ChangeFusion Nepal. The award carries a purse of Rs 100,000 and citations.
According to the jury, the winners were recognised for their contribution to the social, economical, educational, vocational and health sectors, among others. “This is the first of its kind award,” said Keshawa, adding social entrepreneurs should be recognised as they have been playing a crucial role for economic development of the country. The company also acknowledged other nine finalists with certificates.
As part of the Surya Nepal Asha Social Entrepreneurship Award, two separate events, Bazaar and Seminar, were organised on Nov 18-19, in which 20 social entrepreneurs presented their ideas. The event, according to Surya Nepal, was full of ideas, interaction, networking, knowledge, and mentoring.
Surya Nepal Asha Social Entrepreneurship Award 2011 was organised by Change Fusion Nepal and sponsored by Surya Nepal to uplift the spirit of social entrepreneurs. The event was supported by National Business Initiative.
Source by : ekantipur
- Tourist bus entrepreneurs hike bus fares | March 16, 2012
- Trekking Agents Participate in Travel and Adventure Show | March 03, 2012
- Nepal April tourist arrivals up 34 percent | May 04, 2011
- Nepali Pashmina awaits trademark to reach out to high-end clientele abroad | April 12, 2010
- Nepal gets its first sex aid store | February 21, 2010
- Tiger Tops resumes operation | January 30, 2010
- Elephant Festival concludes in Chitwan | January 06, 2010
- Handicraft export down 8 percent | November 13, 2009
- Buddha Air ready to link Lucknow | November 09, 2009
- Yeti Airlines starts online ticketing | October 02, 2009