Member Log In
Nepal Tourism News
Posted by: RSS | Date: December 20, 2011
KATHMANDU: The Eighth Leather and Footwear Expo was kicked off in the capital on Tuesday. Leather Footwear and Goods Manufacturers Association of Nepal said that the expo was organized to help reduce the leader footwear goods and promote export.
As many as 52 stalls of leather footwear have been kept in the expo. The expo will run till December 25. The expo was started with the slogan of 'Use of Nepali brand: An honor to domestic industry'.
` The organizers have said that they have expected around one million visitors in the expo and trade of around Rs. 10 million. According to chairman of the association, Hom Nath Upadhyay, 50 different companies in the country have been manufacturing 106 million pairs of shoes annually.
Association said that only 45 per cent demand for the leather footwear was met by the domestic productions.State Minister for Finance Hari Raj Limbu inaugurated the expo.
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Mount Everest | May 23, 2013
- First Saudi Woman Climbes Everest | May 22, 2013
- Nepal marking Everest diamond jubilee | May 22, 2013
- 80 years Old Japanese starts climbing Mount Everest | May 17, 2013
- 16 Sajha buses arrive | February 21, 2013
- Kathmandu to witness OX fighting for first time | December 01, 2012
- 31st World Elephant Polo competition begins | December 01, 2012
- 19 die in Sita Air Crash; 4 Nepalis, 7 Brits and 5 Chinese among dead | September 28, 2012
- Nepal second peaceful nation in South Asia | June 15, 2012
- Film festival on environmental, sustainable development to be organized in Nepal | June 14, 2012
- Tourists' length of stay in Nepal reaches 13 days | June 03, 2012
- Three climbers including a German die on Everest | May 21, 2012
- Agni Air carrying 21 crashes nearby Jomsom Airport | May 14, 2012
- 73 Years Old Japanese Woman Attempting Everest Summit | April 17, 2012
- Nepal's Pashupatinath temple to pay Hindu priests fixed salary | April 12, 2012
- PHBEC to operate tourist bus in Pokhara-Chitwan route | April 09, 2012
- Tico Mountaineer to Broadcast Live from Mount Everest | March 20, 2012
- Eton boys aim high with mission to fly Olympic flag from Everest | March 20, 2012
- Missing US trekker's mom pleads for proper investigation | March 16, 2012
- FIFA chief wraps up two-day Nepal trip | March 11, 2012
Ecological Treks operates trekking and tours to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan in reasonable price
Budget & Luxury trekking adventure in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan with NepalHimalayaTrek.com
Book your flight ticket for Pokhara from Kathmandu or Kathmandu to Pokhara in lowest cheap fair/cost. Daily flight schedule and airlines info