Member Log In
Posted by: Rajan | Date: March 15, 2012
Kathmandu to Lukla flight is 45 minutes long mountain flight in Nepal. The best way to getting in Everest (Khumbu) region within short time is Kathmandu – Lukla flight. This flight is considered as the world's adventure and dangerous flight due to the airport location in difficult geographical location.
The flight to Lukla airstrip offers close up views of Himalayan peaks including Mount Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and other several mountains in Khumbu region. In addition the flight also provides different adventurous feelings. The domestic airlines operating Kathmandu Lukla flights are Yeti airlines, Tara air, Agni air and Sita airlines. Spring and autumn season are busy season to travel in Everest for trekking, peak climbing and mountain expedition. So in the spring and autumn time it is difficult to get flight ticket. Besides these two seasons, you can easily get flight ticket for Everest flight. The major highlights of this flight are as follows:
Officially known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport, the Lukla airport is very busy airstrip in Solukhumbu district of Nepal. It is the best airport and more trafficked airport in Khumbu region. It is the starting point for Everest climbing, trekking and other tour in Everest region. Weather permitting, twin-engine Dornier and Twin Otters make frequent daylight flights between Lukla and Kathmandu. Lukla Airport has a very steep airstrip, often compounded by hazardous weather, resulting in several fatal accidents. It has been called the most dangerous airport in the world. You can get tickets for Kathmandu from this airport. Airlines those operating flights to Lukla have their sales counter in Lukla.
Another highlight of these flights is mountain views. Very beautiful mountains can be observed during the flight in eye level. If you are flying in first or second flight to Lukla, you can see the rising sun with the glorious spectrum over the world's highest peaks such as Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Pumori and other several peaks. You can see the White Mountains changing their colors into light pale to orange. You will be amazed with the beautiful scenery and perhaps, you will not get second chance to see such mind-blowing moment in your life. The hills landscape with different settlements and alpine forest will gives you different taste during the flight.
For the flight you have to book your tickets with the travel agency in Kathmandu or other cities in Nepal. You will get flight ticket for the flight and the flights starts early in the morning about 6 AM from Kathmandu. You can fly to Lukla until 3:30 PM from Kathmandu. If you are in mountain area, then you can fly back to Kathmandu from 7:00 AM to till 4 PM in the evening. The Kathmandu Lukla Flights will provide you adventure fun and easy means of transportation.
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Hiking in the Land of Glorious Mountains | April 23, 2012
- Kathmandu Lukla Flights: Scenic Mountain flight | March 15, 2012
- Everest View Trek and Sherpa Village Tour | December 21, 2011
- Trekking in Nepal: Adventure that provides lifetime memory | August 18, 2011
- Everest Measurement: Will Nepal success in challenging task | July 25, 2011
- The Glory Of The Himalayas | March 30, 2011
- Hidden valleys of Beyul Kyimolong | January 24, 2011
- The transformation of tourism | January 22, 2011
- NTY: Old Wine In New Bottle? | January 22, 2011
- Sea of tranquillity | June 28, 2010
- One empty bag in the Himalayas | April 06, 2010
- Melting Himalayan glaciers threaten lives in Asia | December 07, 2009
- Scientists urge public not to miss Lulin Comet sighting | February 24, 2009
- Annapurna: Nepal's Commercialization Initiative For An Endangered Landscape | December 07, 2008
- Hopes of Nepalese tourism hinge on new leadership | August 31, 2008
- Beautiful Pas Gaun | August 20, 2008
- Greenest Time in Nepal | July 31, 2008