Member Log In
Nepal Tourism News
Posted by: Admin | Date: March 16, 2012
Missing US trekker Aubrey Caroline Sacco's mother Connie Sacco has urged the Nepal government and its concerned authorities for the proper investigation of her daughter's disappearance.
Organising a press conference in Kathmandu Wednesday, Connie Sacco complained that police were not doing proper investigation to find her daughter, who had gone missing from Lama hotel of the Langtang trekking route in Rasuwa district since 22 April, 2010.
"Unless we get the facts, we family members believe she is alive," she said at press conference.
The family members visited Nepal four times, after her disappearance, to pressure the Nepali authorities to find the whereabouts of Aubrey, 25. She also informed that the high ranking police officers have expressed commitment to do everything possible to find out her whereabaouts, but no progress has been made in the last two years.
"We were asked by them if my government would supply techonology to help police in the investigation," she said, adding, "The US government has authorised the assistance, but the authorities are not accepting the help."
She also warned that if Aubrey is not found soon we will summon the international press and social media and organise an international "awareness campaign" on the "true danger of traveling to Nepal".
The Sacco family form Colorado have also offered Rs. 2 million reward for the information leading to her whereabouts.
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Mount Everest | May 23, 2013
- First Saudi Woman Climbes Everest | May 22, 2013
- Nepal marking Everest diamond jubilee | May 22, 2013
- 80 years Old Japanese starts climbing Mount Everest | May 17, 2013
- 16 Sajha buses arrive | February 21, 2013
- Kathmandu to witness OX fighting for first time | December 01, 2012
- 31st World Elephant Polo competition begins | December 01, 2012
- 19 die in Sita Air Crash; 4 Nepalis, 7 Brits and 5 Chinese among dead | September 28, 2012
- Nepal second peaceful nation in South Asia | June 15, 2012
- Film festival on environmental, sustainable development to be organized in Nepal | June 14, 2012
- Tourists' length of stay in Nepal reaches 13 days | June 03, 2012
- Three climbers including a German die on Everest | May 21, 2012
- Agni Air carrying 21 crashes nearby Jomsom Airport | May 14, 2012
- 73 Years Old Japanese Woman Attempting Everest Summit | April 17, 2012
- Nepal's Pashupatinath temple to pay Hindu priests fixed salary | April 12, 2012
- PHBEC to operate tourist bus in Pokhara-Chitwan route | April 09, 2012
- Tico Mountaineer to Broadcast Live from Mount Everest | March 20, 2012
- Eton boys aim high with mission to fly Olympic flag from Everest | March 20, 2012
- Missing US trekker's mom pleads for proper investigation | March 16, 2012
- FIFA chief wraps up two-day Nepal trip | March 11, 2012
Ecological Treks operates trekking and tours to Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan in reasonable price
Book your flight ticket for Pokhara from Kathmandu or Kathmandu to Pokhara in lowest cheap fair/cost. Daily flight schedule and airlines info
Budget & Luxury trekking adventure in Nepal, Tibet & Bhutan with NepalHimalayaTrek.com