Member Log In
Nepal Tourism News
Posted by: NTN | Date: April 12, 2012
Hindu priest at Nepal's world famous Pashupatinath temple will now get a fixed salary of around 3,000 dollars a month. The move is part of an effort to make its finances more transparent and part of an ongoing push to modernise the ancient temple.
The temple has never declared the amount of donations made by devotees as part of their offerings. But now, the temple authorities have said that all donations would be declared, ntn repoter gathered this message. Every day all the amount devoteed to the Lord Shiva is daily conunted. In general days more than 1000 dollars is collected and published daily in media.
Meanwhile, Culture Minister Gopal Kirati said that the declaration of donations would help the overall development of the temple, which badly needed restoration work.
According to the report, over the past few years, there have been attempts to force the temple to open its vaults, which are believed to have thousands of dollars worth of wealth.
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Mount Everest | May 23, 2013
- First Saudi Woman Climbes Everest | May 22, 2013
- Nepal marking Everest diamond jubilee | May 22, 2013
- 80 years Old Japanese starts climbing Mount Everest | May 17, 2013
- 16 Sajha buses arrive | February 21, 2013
- Kathmandu to witness OX fighting for first time | December 01, 2012
- 31st World Elephant Polo competition begins | December 01, 2012
- 19 die in Sita Air Crash; 4 Nepalis, 7 Brits and 5 Chinese among dead | September 28, 2012
- Nepal second peaceful nation in South Asia | June 15, 2012
- Film festival on environmental, sustainable development to be organized in Nepal | June 14, 2012
- Tourists' length of stay in Nepal reaches 13 days | June 03, 2012
- Three climbers including a German die on Everest | May 21, 2012
- Agni Air carrying 21 crashes nearby Jomsom Airport | May 14, 2012
- 73 Years Old Japanese Woman Attempting Everest Summit | April 17, 2012
- Nepal's Pashupatinath temple to pay Hindu priests fixed salary | April 12, 2012
- PHBEC to operate tourist bus in Pokhara-Chitwan route | April 09, 2012
- Tico Mountaineer to Broadcast Live from Mount Everest | March 20, 2012
- Eton boys aim high with mission to fly Olympic flag from Everest | March 20, 2012
- Missing US trekker's mom pleads for proper investigation | March 16, 2012
- FIFA chief wraps up two-day Nepal trip | March 11, 2012